Wednesday, April 1, 2009

And so it ends! ... well sort of


As this term moves into its final stage with the last day of lectures and final exams, I find myself dealing with emotions of severe bitter-sweetness. While I couldn’t be more excited to finish exams, get myself to Pearson International, catch all my connecting flights and finally arrive in Botswana, this last week also marks the end of the Beyond Border campus courses/hangouts. I could go on and on about all of my excitements and anticipations for the next 4 months, but I’d like to leave this blog to discuss the significance that the last 8 months have had on my life.

It seems rather surprising to me that 8 months of school could really have such an impact on many aspects of my life including personal philosophies, goals, friendships, motivations and more. I feel that the combination of the Ethics course I took last term with the Justice, Peace and Development course this term has been the most meaningful pair of courses I have taken in university thus far (and probably will ever take).

In an attempt to keep this blog from getting too long and boring, I have split it into 3 sections: one outlining the most influential parts of the past 8 months, one part on criticisms/recommendations, and I’ll finish with a “Thank-you” blog, recognizing those who have supported my journey and development.

So thanks to everyone for reading and commenting along the way – especially to those who might have challenged what I wrote or encouraged me to look at the given topic in a new light. Also, the next time I blog, it will be from Botswana – so please keep reading and watching for photos!


Peace all,


Matt

1 comment:

  1. I'm really glad to hear you have found the BB courses helpful. I too am feeling mixed emotion at the end of this term. I feel like regardless of the fact that we have spent 8 months together, we still have not had the chance to really get to know each other enough. Hopefully the friendships we have started here will continue far into the future.

    ReplyDelete