Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Thanks

So I promise this one will be short!

I feel so blessed to be surrounded by friends and family that have supported me from day one in this adventure. I can not say thank you enough to those who have been by my side from the get-go; those who have donated both financially and given me advice for this project. I also feel like the St Jerome’s University and community do so much to help make this project a feasible option for us. It is so obvious that Scott, Joanne, Elyse and Lisa are constantly striving to ensure that each of us have the best experience we can by preparing us 8 months in advance of the big move. They have been such a wonderful support to all of us. I see such sincerity in their involvement in the program, which is something not often found on a university campus.

So THANKYOU to everyone who has helped me prepare for my experience in Botswana. This includes all my fellow BB’ers, Joanne, Scott, Elyse, Lisa, Mary-Bee, Marie-Eve, Wagma, everyone who donated to SJU on my behalf (this couldn’t have been possible without you guys!), my friends, professors and anyone else who I’m forgetting. Also, thanks to my parents who have been more than supportive. This experience has been an emotional ride for them and I am very lucky to know they have my back in this whole thing. Even though my Mom is more than worried about my trip, she continues to stand by my side and encourage my involvement with Beyond Borders. I truly feel fortunate for being accepted into this program and being able to share my experiences thus far with you all.

Good luck to everyone on their move and I look forward to hearing your stories at reintegration!

Sincerely,

Matt Fox

No comments:

Post a Comment